Mamonface

 
Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
 
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
 

Monday, March 28, 2005

Sick

I don’t even remember when the last time I got sick, before last week.
My husband and I went to his parent’s house to meet with his relatives from Philippines and to celebrate my husband’s birthday.
My father-in-law was sick. I didn’t think that we would be affected because I haven’t gotten sick since I came here to New York.
But… Monday came, at 3 in the morning, I woke up feeling really really hot. I noticed that I was feverish. I actually started coughing Sunday, when I was shopping with my sister. Pero akala ko pagod lang talaga. Anyway, my fever on Monday was 101.3, so I took some Ibuprofen and Robitussin to relieve the itchy throat. I called and made an appointment with my Doctor for Tuesday. She gave me Antibiotics to take. When I got home, I took the medicine and slept, but soon woke up to an even higher fever 103.9! I couldn’t move and talk because it was really hot!!!! I started crying… geesh! So my husband started panicking… and I told him to call the doctor and ask what to do. When He called, my doctor said to change the ibuprofen to Tylenol – acetaminophen to bring the fever down, and give me a sponge bath. So he did what she told him to do. Low and behold! My fever went down to 100 degrees!!! I still didn’t go to work on Wednesday so I can rest up. Thursday came, went to work. I still felt a little weak, but 3 days out of work is not good either. I don’t want my work to pile up.

One thing I was thinking… thank goodness I got sick now, because I don’t want to get sick during my vacation which will be in 3 weeks!

Anyway, we went back to my in-law’s house yesterday for Easter. This time my sister came with us. Hopefully she won’t get sick like we did.
It was fun! The kids did egg hunting. Shadow tried to look for eggs too! Hahahahah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


--->