Mamonface

 
Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
 
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
 

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Bad Friday

Last Friday was an ok day but a miserable night for me. It was raining the whole day. I was at home as usual taking care of my baby. My husband called around 6:30pm saying that he's leaving work. He got home around 8:40pm because of heavy traffic. He should've been home by 7:30pm.

Before he got home, my sister called that she's stuck somewhere because there were no subway trains going to Queens (where we live). I told her that Joe is not home yet so she has to wait. She got out of the subway station because she was starving. She left work (New Jersey) at 2pm at she just got at the train station at 8:30pm! She was stuck in the New Jersey train. When she transferred to the subway train, she got stuck again. And then there were no cabs, buses and trains to get home. Poor woman.

When Joe got home, I told her that we had to pick up my sister as she was stuck and couldn't get home... a lot of people were walking, no cabs available, the buses are full. So my husband and I took Vince to pick up my sister from the train station. When we were around 2 miles away from her, we hit a pot hole! (PUFF...) The tire blew! We parked at a corner to change the tire. Mind you it was raining hard. My husband got out of the car (already cranky) got the tools and the spare tire. I had to get out of the car since he had to lift the car up... of course we left Vince inside. Thank God he was sleeping soundly. As Joe was trying to remove the bolts, one of the bolts was too tight and stuck on the knot (not sure what it is called... it's the thing that the bolt holds the tire to). Anyway, one of the "things" broke! Now... Joe is no longer cranky... he was furious! So I took over so he can rest. I put the spare tire in and Joe finished the rest. While Joe was tightening the bolts, Vince started crying... He's hungry. So Joe had to stop since I had to feed Vince. Joe called his parents to pick us up because he does not want Vince to be in the car in case we get into an accident. There were only 3 bolts holding the tire instead of 4. When his parents came, we left Joe there first to pick up my sister from the train station. Then we went back to where we left Joe. I got out of my in-laws' car and went to accompany Joe. His parents followed us all the way home using the local roads. We got home around 12:30am. We were all exhausted.

What a night!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


--->